293 Dreese Laboratories
2015 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
OEM of KI Shell™ (Knowledge Integration Shell) Technology as 'First' Process Engine. Computer Vision.
Tibbets award. Federal Office of the Small Business Administration.
Outstanding Woman in Science & Technology in Ohio. Motorola.
Selected as partner for the National Industry Information Infrastructure Protocols (NIIIP) program, funded by DARPA. IBM and DARPA Assessment of Technology.
KI Shell™ technology as an IBM product offering. CIM Strategy.
Small Business Innovative Research Success Story. SBIR program at Wright Laboratories.
Engineering College Research Award. CSE Department.
- Ramanathan, Jay; Ramnath, Rajiv. 2009. "Co-Engineering Applications for Adaptive Business Technologies: Integrated Service-Ontology Principles for Collaborative Performance." Hershey: Information Science Reference.
- Ramanathan, Jay; Ramnath, Rajiv; David Landsbergen; Albert Jones; Abhijit Deshmukh;Joseph Tan; H Joseph Wen; Neveen Awad.. 2005. "SPECIAL ISSUE: ADAPTIVE COMPLEX ENTERPRISES." Philadelphia, Pannsylvania: Communications of the Association for Computing Machinery..
- Dharmapurikar, A., Wierwille, B. J., Ramanthan, J., & Ramnath, R.. 2013. "Impact-Driven Regression Test Selection for Mainframe Business Systems." In Evaluation of Novel Approache to Software Engineering, edited by Joaquim Filipe, Leszek A. Maciaszek, 203 - 217. Berlin: Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Yingxiao Xu; Jay Ramanathan; Rajiv Ramnath. 2012. "Serious Game Framework for Design of Medical Applications." In Handbook of Research on Serious Games as Educational, Business and Research Tools, 160 - Hershey PA 17033: IGI Global.
- Jay Ramanathan, Anand Desai, Rajiv Ramnath. 2010. "daptive IT Architecture as a Catalyst for Network Capability in Government." In Networking and Telecommunications: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools and Applications, 1198 - 1223. Hershey: IGI Global.
- J Ramanathan and R. Ramnath. 2007. "Co-engineering Business, Information Use, and Operations Systems for IT-enabled Adaptation." In Adaptive technologies and business integration social, managerial, and organizational dimensions, 20 - Hershey: IGI Global.
- Jay Ramanathan. 1996. "Support for Workflow Process Collaboration." In Mechanical Design: Theory and Methodology, Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Xu Zhe, Jayashree Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath, 2014, "Using Social Media Towards Evidence of Knowledge Brokers in an Enterprise." Computer 47, no. 3, 26 - 31.
- Ahlqvist, Ola; Loffing, Thomas; Ramanathan, Jayashree; Kocher, Austin, 2012, "Geospatial human-environment simulation through integration of massive multi-player on-line games and Geographic information systems." Transactions in GIS Volume 16, no. 3, 331–350 -
- Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath., 2011, "Stakeholder Ontology and Mining for Improving Complex Services." Int. J. of Information Systems in the Service Sector (IJISSS) Unknown, Unknown -
- Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath, 2010, "Stakeholder Ontology and Mining for Improving Complex Services." Communications in Computer and Information Science 110, 83 - 96.
- Ramanathan,J, 2005, "Fractal Architecture for the Adaptive Complex Enterprise." COMMUNICATIONS OF THE ACM 48, no. 5, 51 - 57.
- Ramanathan, J. ; Hartung, R.L., 1989, "A Generic Iconic Tool for Viewing Databases." Software, IEEE 6, no. 5, 50 - 57.
- J. Ramanathan, S. Sarkar, 1988, "Providing Customized Assistance for Software Lifecycle Approaches." EEE Transactions on Software Engineering 14, no. 6, Page 749 - 757.
- Jay Ramanathan and Charley Shubra, 1986, "Template Based Approach for the Design and Manufacture of Data Processing Programs." Software Practice and Experience 16, no. 2, 173–182 -
- Weide,B,W; Brown,M,E; Ramanathan,J; Schwan,K, 1984, "PROCESS-CONTROL - INTEGRATION AND DESIGN METHODOLOGY SUPPORT." COMPUTER 17, no. 2, 27 - 32.
- J. Ramanathan, D. Soni, 1983, "A Grammar Form Based Environment for Supporting Evolving Methodologies." Computer Languages 8, no. 3-4, 139 - 159.
- Jayashree Ramanathan, Ken Kennedy, 1981, "Pathlistings Applied to Forward Data Flow Analysis." Acta Informatica 16, no. 3, 253 - 273.
- Arthur, J., Ramanathan, J., 1981, "Design of Analyzers for Selective Program Analysis." IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 7, no. 1, 39 - 51.
- Jayashree Ramanathan, Ken Kennedy, 1979, "A Deterministic Attribute Grammar Evaluator Based on Dynamic Scheduling." ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems (TOPLAS) Volume 1, no. 1, 142 - 160.
- David E. Hudak, Thomas Bitterman, Rajiv Ramnath, Prasad Calyam, Jay Ramanathan, Da Zhang, Da Cai, Simulation as a Service (SMaaS): A Cloud-Based Framework to Support the Educational Use of Scientific Software. International Journal of Cloud Computing (IJCC)
- Prasad Calyam, Alex Berryman, David Welling, Saravanan Mohan, Rajiv Ramnanth, Jay Ramanathan, VDPilot: Feasibility Study of Hosting Virtual Desktops for Classroom Labs within a Federated University System. International Journal of Cloud Computing
Papers in Proceedings
- Abhishek Dharmapurikar, Ben Wierwille, Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath "Impact-Driven Regression Test Selection for Mainframes." JOURNAL: "Evaluation of Novel Approaches to Software Engineering." in 1st International Workshop in Software Evolution and Modernization - SEM 2013 1. Held in conjunction with the 8th International Conference on Evaluation of Novel Software Approaches to Software Engineering - ENASE 2013. (7 2013). Workshop paper -
- Ramanathan, J., Ramnath, R., Herold, M. J., & Wierwille, B. J. "Innovation-directed experiential learning using service blueprints.." JOURNAL: "IEEE." in Frontiers in Education Conference. (10 2013). 1406 - 1412.
- Lynch, T., Housley, L., Ramnath, R., Ramanathan, J., Implementation Considerations in Enabling Visually Impaired Musicians to Read Sheet Music Using a Tablet. JOURNAL: "IEEE Compsac." in Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC), 2013 IEEE 37th Annual. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=6649897, (7 2013). 678 - 683.
- Wei, C., Lee, H., Ramnath, R., Ramanathan, J. Customizably Adapting Web Pages for Mobile Devices by Detecting the Hierarchy of Page Components. JOURNAL: "COMPSAC." in IEEE Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC). http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=6649806, (7 2013). 118 - 123.
- Ramanathan, Jay; Ramnath, R.; Herold, M.; Wierwille, B. "An Agile Translation Process for complex innovations: An Industry/University Cooperative Research Center case study.." JOURNAL: "IEEE." in Frontiers in Education Conference. (10 2013). 1532 - 1538.
- Khuc, V.; Shivade, C.; Ramnath R.; and Ramanathan, J., Towards Building Large-Scale Distributed Systems for Twitter Sentiment Analysis. in 27th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing. New York, http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2245364#citedby, (3 2012). 459 - 464.
- Raje, S.; Davuluri, C.; Freitas, M.; Ramnath, R.; Ramanathan, J. Using Ontology-Based Methods for Implementing Role-Based Access Control in Cooperative Systems. in 27th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing. New York, http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2245421, (3 2012). Pages 763 - 764.
- Michael J. Herold, Thomas D. Lynch, Rajiv Ramnath, Jayashree Ramanathan "Student and Instructor Experiences in the Inverted Classroom." in FIE. Washington DC, (10 2012). 1 - 6.
- Wei, C.; Wang, C; Ramnath, R.; Ramanathan, J. Examining the Practical Challenges of an Augmented Reality Cyber-Infrastructure Framework. in 27th Symposium On Applied Computing. New York, http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2245378, (3 2012). Pages 531 - 536.
- Manuru,Hareendra; Vasudevan,Rajagopal; Sasidharan,Ashok; Lynch,Thomas; Darbyshire,Seth; Raje,Sayajeet; Ramnath,Rajiv; Ramanathan,Jayashree "Implementation and Evaluation of Commodity Hardware and Software in an Open World Spoken Dialog Framework." in 36th Annual IEEE International Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC). NEW YORK, (1 2012). 369 - 369.
- Zhe Xu; Rajiv Ramnath; Jay Ramanathan Human-Matcher- in -the-Loop Model for Facilitating Future Collaborations. JOURNAL: "IPCSIT." in 2012 International Conference on Computer and Software Modeling. http://www.ipcsit.com/vol54/009-ICCSM2012-S3041.pdf, (10 2012). 49 - 54.
- Herold, Michael; Lynch, Tom; Ramnath, Rajiv; Ramanathan, Jay. "Student and instructor experiences in the inverted classroom." in Frontiers in Education Conference. Seattle, (10 2012). 1 - 6.
- Yingxiao Xu; Jay Ramanathan; Rajiv Ramnath; Nisheet Singh; Shubhanan Deshpande Reuse by Placement: A Paradigm for Cross-Domain Software Reuse with High Level of Granularity. in 12th International Conference on Software Reuse,. New York City, http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-21347-2_6, (6 2011). 67 - 77.
- Lynch,Thomas,D; Herold,Michael; Bolinger,Joe; Deshpande,Shweta; Bihari,Thomas; Ramanathan,Jayashree; Ramnath,Rajiv "An Agile Boot Camp: Using a LEGO (R)-Based Active Game to Ground Agile Development Principles." in 41st Annual Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE). NEW YORK, (1 2011). 6 -
- Deshpande,Shweta; Bolinger,Joe; Lynch,Thomas,D; Herold,Michael; Ramnath,Rajiv; Ramanathan,Jayashree "Teaching Students Software Engineering Practices For Micro-Teams." in 41st Annual Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE). NEW YORK, (1 2011). 6 -
- Ali, Z., Bolinger, J., Herold, M., Lynch, T., Ramanathan, J., Ramnath, R. "Teaching Object-Oriented Software Design within the Context of Software Frameworks." in Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE 2011). Washington DC, (10 2011). S3G - 1.
- Bihari, T., Malkiman, I., Chaabouni, M., Bolinger, J., Herold, M., Ramanathan, J., Ramnath, R. "Enabling Scalability, Richer Experiences and ABET-Accreditable Learning Outcomes in Computer Science Capstone Courses through Inversion of Control." in Frontiers in Education Conference. Washington DC, (10 2011). S1B - 1.
- Herold, M., Bolinger, J., Ramnath, R., Bihari, T., Ramanathan, J. Providing End-to-End Perspectives in Software Engineering. in 41st Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE 2011). New York, http://fieconference.org/fie2011/wsdindex.html, (10 2011). FIH - 1.
- Chaitanya Shivade; Farha Mukri; Rajiv Ramnath; Jay Ramanathan "Method for Continuous Generation of Component Business Model Heat Map using Execution Data for a Complex Service Enterprise." in 6th IEEE International Symposium on Service-Oriented System Engineering. New York, (12 2011). 241 - 250.
- Jay Ramanathan; Rajiv Ramnath; Nisheet Singh; Zhe Xu; Yingxiao Xu. Sense-respond cloud mediator architecture for services evolution. in SAC '11. New York, http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1982223, (3 2011). 162 - 169.
- Bolinger,Joe; Herold,Michael; Ramnath,Rajiv; Ramanathan,Jayashree "Connecting Reality with Theory - An Approach for Creating Integrative Industry Case Studies in the Software Engineering Curriculum." in 41st Annual Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE). NEW YORK, (1 2011). 6 -
- Alan Hartman, Anshu N. Jain, Jay Ramanathan, Antonis Ramfos, Willem-Jan Van der Heuvel, Christian Zirpins, Stefan Tai, Yannis Charalabidis, A. Pasic, T. Johannessen, T. GrÃ¸nsund Participatory design of public sector services. in E GOVIS'10. Heidelberg, http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1887619.1887649&coll=DL&dl=GUIDE&CFID=330532560&CFTOKEN=72765422, (6 2010). 219 - 233.
- Bolinger, J., Ramnath, R., Ramanathan, R., Soundarajan, N "From Student to Teacher: Transforming Industry Sponsored Student Projects into Relevant, Engaging and Practical Curricular Materials." in Transforming Engineering Education: Creating Interdisciplinary Skills for Complex Global Environments. Red Hook, (4 2010). 1 - 21.
- Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath, S. Ramakrishnan, "Achieving 'Handoff' Traceability for Complex System Improvement." in The Fifth Annual IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering. BANGALORE, (4 2009). 641 - 646.
- Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath, Karsten Schwan "A Service Enterprise Reference Architecture Roadmap to Overcome Boundaries and Address SSME Challenges." in International Conference on the Virtual Computing Initiative. North Carolina, (10 2009). NA -
- Joe Bolinger, Greg Horvath, Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath "Collaborative Workflow Execution Assistant for Organizational Effectiveness." in SAC '09. New York, (3 2009). 273 - 280.
- Greg Horvath, Joe Bolinger, Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath "Document-centric collaborative spaces for increased traceability in knowledge-intensive processes." in CTS 2009 International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems. Washington DC, (5 2009). Pages 400 - 407.
- Jay Ramanathan, Vasudha Gupta, Farha Mukri, Rajiv Ramnath, Kelly Yackovich CitiScapes: Architecture for eGovernment Effectiveness. in HICSS-42 : 42nd Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences. New York City, http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/HICSS_42/42highlights.htm, (1 2009). 8 -
- Preethi Raghavan, Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath, Zhe Xu "A Framework for Improving Enterprise Services by Mining Customer Edge Data." in IEEE International Workshops on Enabling Technologies. Washington DC, (6 2009). 156 - 161.
- Jay Ramanathan; Rajiv Ramnath; Randy Glassgow "The people, the process or the technology?: Using the ACE framework to make tradeoffs in service delivery improvement." in ACM symposium on Applied Computing. New York City, (6 2009). 259 - 264.
- Rajiv Ramnath, Jay Ramanathan "Integrating goal modeling and execution in adaptive complex enterprises." in SAC '08. New York, (3 2008). 532 - 539.
- Ronald L. Hartung, Jay Ramanathan, Joe Bolinger "Ontology for Enterprise Modeling." in KES '08:. Berlin,Heidelberg, (9 2008). Pages 799 - 807.
- Aman Kumar, Preethi Raghavan, Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath "Enterprise Interaction Ontology for Change Impact Analysis of Complex Systems." in APSCC '08. Washington DC, (12 2008). 303 - 309.
- Rajiv Ramnath, Vasudha Gupta, Jay Ramanathan "RED-Transaction and Goal-Model Based Analysis of Layered Security of Physical Spaces." in COMPSAC '08:. Washington DC, (7 2008). 679 - 685.
- Joe Bolinger, Jay Ramanathan "Multi-Dimensional Performance Framework for Enterprise Knowledge Infrastructures." in WETICE '06. Washington, DC, USA, (6 2006). 47 - 54.
- Jay Ramanathan, Rajiv Ramnath "IT Architecture and the Case for Lean eBusiness Process Management." in Knowledge Supply and Information Logistics in Enterprises and Networked Organizations. Germany, (5 2004). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan "Enterprise Integration with NIIIP." in SME Autofact. NA, (11 1999). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan "Enterprise Integration with Workflow." in Autofact. NA, (11 1998). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan "Workflow and Business Process Management in the Virtual Enterprise." in Autofact. NA, (11 1996). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan "Data Based Advisor." in Data Based Advisor. Escondido, (6 1996). 92 - 94.
- Jay Ramanathan "Process Versus Data Management Technologies." in SME Autofact Proceedings. NA, (11 1992). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan "Enterprise Workflow Management: Implementation and Observations." in IDEF. NA, (1 1991). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan "Assistants for Design-in-the-Large." in AI Systems Conference. NA, (7 1990). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan "Knowledge-Based Integration for Enterprise Process Management." in Society of Manufacturing Engineers. Detroit, (3 1990). 6 -
- Venugopal,V; Jay Ramanathan "VIEW-BASED TOOL INTEGRATION IN DATABASE-CENTERED ENVIRONMENTS." in 1990 SYMP ON SMALL SYSTEMS. NA, (1 1990). NA -
- Rajiv Ramnath, Jay Ramanathan "Computer-Based Interactive Process Support Assistance Using the KI Shell." in Operations Research Program of the Fourth Advanced Technology Conference of the USPS. Washington DC, (11 1990). 8 -
- Jay Ramanathan, V. Venugopal "Support Systems for Design-in-the-Large." in American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME). NA, (8 1988). 8 -
- Jayashree Ramanathan, Vasudevan Venugopal "Tool integration in lifecyc1e support environments." in National Computer Conference. New York City, (6 1987). 545 -
- V. Venugopal and Jay Ramanathan "Knowledge-Based Assistance for Design-In-The-Large." in Second International Symposium on Knowledge Engineering. Spain, (1 1987). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan, V. Venugopal "Tool Integration in Life Cycle Support Environments." in IEEE National Computer Conference. New York, (1 1987). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan, V. Ashok, S. Sarkar "A Knowledge-Based Software Development Assistant." in DECUS Symposium. NA, (8 1987). 8 -
- Jay Ramanathan "The Intelligent Integration of Existing Software Systems." in Automating the Design of Control Software. NA, (5 1986). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan "The Knowledge-Based Integration of Existing Engineering Systems." in ASME. New York City, (1 1986). NA -
- Jayashree Ramanathan, John M. Rose "TRIAD: beyond isolated systems for development-in-the-large and programming-in-the-small." in SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes. New York, (10 1985). 62 - 72.
- Walter L. McKnight, Jayashree Ramanathan "Use of grammar templates for software engineering environments." in Proceedings of the second conference on Software development tools, techniques, and alternatives. Los Alamitos, (12 1985). 56 - 66.
- Jayashree Ramanathan, Robert Vermilyer, Thorbjorn Anderson, John M. Rose "The use of a relational data base in method driven environments." in SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes. New York, (10 1985). 73 - 78.
- Jay Ramanathan, Sokka Doraivelu, et. al. "Extrusion Die Design Assistant." in Eleventh Annual Symposium, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. Red Hook, (1 1985). NA -
- W.L. McKnight, Jay Ramanathan "A Meta System for Generating Software Engineering Environments." in SoftFair. Washington DC, (7 1984). 8 -
- V. Ashok, W. McKnight, J. Ramanathan "Uniform support for information handling and problem solving required by the VLSI design process." in 21st Design Automation Conference. Piscataway, NJ,, (6 1984). 694 - 696.
- V. Ashok, W. McKnight, J. Ramanathan "Integrated Environment for Information Management in VLSI Design." in Proceedings of the First International Conference on Data Engineering. Washington DC, (4 1984). 12 - 19.
- C. Li, Jay Ramanathan "Extensions of the Attribute Grammar to Model Meta Software Engineering Environments." in Proceedings of the Workshop on Programming-in-the-Large. NA, (1 1984). NA -
- Chin Li, Jay Ramanathan "Support for the Evolution and Use of Integrated Project Information." in ACM. New York City, (4 1984). 8 -
- H.C. Kuo, Jay Ramanathan, D. Soni, and M. Suni "An Adaptable Software Environment to Support Methodologies." in SoftFair. Washington DC, (7 1983). 8 -
- H.C. Kuo,Jay Ramanathan, D. Soni, and M. Suni "System Architecture of an Adaptable Software Environment." in Proceedings of the Conference on Information Sciences and Systems. New York, (3 1983). NA -
- B.W. Weide, M.E. Brown, Jay Ramanathan, and K. Schwan "Integration and Design Methodology Support for Process Control: Issues and Approaches." in Real-Time Systems Symposium. New York, (1 1983). NA -
- Jay Ramanathan, J. Kuo and C. Li "A Form-Based Approach to Human Engineering Methodologies." in Sixth International Conference on Software Engineering. New York, (9 1982). NA -
- J. Ramanathan, C. J. Shubra "Use of annotated schemes for developing prototype programs." in Proceedings of the workshop on Rapid prototyping. New York City, (4 1982). 141 - 149.
- H. C. Kuo, C. H. Li, J. Ramanathan "A form-based approach to human engineering methodologies." in ICSE '82. Los Alamitos, (9 1982). 254 - 263.
- J. Ramanathan, C. J. Shubra "Modeling of problem domains for driving program development systems." in POPL '81:. New York, (1 1981). 28 - 40.
- J. Kuo, Jay Ramanathan "Concept Based Tool for Standardized Program Development." in COMPSAC. New York, (11 1981). NA -
- J. Arthur, Jay Ramanathan "Development of Tools for Selective Program Analysis." in COMPSAC. New York, (11 1980). NA -
- Ming T. Liu , Sandra A. Mamrak, Jayshree Ramanathan "The Distributed Double-Loop Computer Network." in ACM '80. New York, (1 1980). 164 - 178.
- Jayashree Ramanathan, Meera Blattner "Program forms and program form analysers for high-Ievel structured design." in Managing Requirements Knowledge, International Workshop on. New York City, (6 1979). 10 - 13.
- Jay Ramanathan; Ron Smith "Compilation of Programs for a Multiprocessor Machine to Meet Hard Real-Time Constraints." in ACM Computer Science Conference. New York City, (1 1979). NA -
- Jayashree Ramanathan, Meera Blattner "A Grammatical Model for the Top Down Design of Structured Programs." in Fundamentals of Computation Theory: FCT'79. Berlin/Wendisch-Rietz (GDR), (5 1979). 71 - 83.
- M. Blattner, Jay Ramanathan "Attributed Metaforms for High Level Design and Analysis of Algorithms." in Information Sciences and Systems. Berlin, (4 1979). NA -