590 Woody Hayes Dr
Columbus, OH 43210
OARDC Innovator of the Year Award.
Gamma Sigma Delta Teaching Award of Merit.
Ralph L. Boyer Award. Excellence in Teaching.
Price Advising Award.
Pomerene Teaching Award.
- • Andy D. Ward, Stanley W. Trimble, Suzette R. Burckhard, John G. Lyon.. 2015. "Environmental Hydrology." CRC Press.
- Andy Ward et al.. 1995. "Environmental Hydrology." CRC Press.
- 2010. Fluvial processes in agricultural ditches in the North Central Region of the United States and implications for their management. In In Agricultural Drainage Ditches: Mitigation Wetlands for the 21st Century, edited by Matthew T. Moore and Robert Kröger,
- Ward, Andy and Molly Moran, 2016, "A Novel Approach for Estimating the Recurrence Intervals of Channel-Forming Discharges." Water 8, no. 7, 269 - 269.
- D'Ambrosio, J. L., Ward, A. D., Witter, J. D., 2015, "Evaluating Geomorphic Change in Constructed Two-Stage Ditches." AWRA 51, no. 4, 910–922 - 910–922.
- 1. D'Ambrosio, J., Williams, L., Williams, M., Witter, J., and A. Ward, 2014, "Geomorphology, Habitat, and Spatial Location Influences on Fish and Macroinvertebrate Communities in Modified Channels of an Agriculturally-Dominated Watershed in Ohio, USA." Ecological Engineering 68, 32-46 - 32-46.
- D'Ambrosio,Jessica,L; Williams,Lance,R; Williams,Marsha,G; Witter,Jonathan,D; Ward,Andrew,D, 2014, "Geomorphology, habitat, and spatial location influences on fish and macroinvertebrate communities in modified channels of an agriculturally-dominated watershed in Ohio, USA." ECOLOGICAL ENGINEERING 68, 32-46 - 32-46.
- Schlea, D., Martin, J., Ward, A., Brown, L., and Suter, S, 2013, "Performance and Water Table Responses of Retrofit Rain Gardens." Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 10, 8 - 8.
- Gorney,Rebecca,M; Ferris,Dawn,R; Ward,Andy,D; Williams,Lance,R, 2011, "Assessing channel-forming characteristics of an impacted headwater stream in Ohio, USA." ECOLOGICAL ENGINEERING 37, no. 3, 418-430 - 418-430.
- Witter, J.D., Ward, A.D., and J.L. D'Ambrosio, 2011, Predicting stream dynamic equilibrium in a central Ohio watershed. Journal of Natural and Environmental Sciences. 2, no. 1, 25-33 - 25-33.
- Witter, J.D., Ward, A.D., and J.L. D'Ambrosio, 2011, "Predicting Stream Dynamic Equilibrium in a Central Ohio Watershed." Journal of Natural & Environmental Sciences 2, no. 1, 25-33 - 25-33.
- Witter, J.D., J.L. D'Ambrosio, and A.D. Ward, 2011, "Considerations for implementing two-stage channels." Ohio Country Journal 8, 36 - 36.
- D'Ambrosio, J.L., A.D. Ward, and J.D. Witter, 2011, "Two-stage agricultural drainage channels: a decade later." Ohio Country Journal 6, 31 - 31.
- Jung-Chen Huang, William J. Mitsch, and Andrew D. Ward, 2010, "Design of Experimental Streams for Simulating Headwater Stream Restoration." Journal of the American Water Resources Association 46, no. 5, 957-971 - 957-971.
- D'Ambrosio, J., Williams, L. R., Witter, J., and A. D. Ward, 2009, "Effects of geomorphology, habitat, and spatial location on fish assemblages in a Midwestern watershed in Ohio.." Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 148, 325-341 - 325-341.
- D'Ambrosio,Jessica,L; Williams,Lance,R; Witter,Jonathan,D; Ward,Andy, 2009, "Effects of geomorphology, habitat, and spatial location on fish assemblages in a watershed in Ohio, USA." ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING AND ASSESSMENT 148, no. 1-4, 325-341 - 325-341.
- Ward,Andy,L; Zhang,Z,Fred, 2007, "Effective hydraulic properties determined from transient unsaturated flow in anisotropic soils." VADOSE ZONE JOURNAL 6, no. 4, 913-924 - 913-924.
- Powell,G,E; Mecklenburg,D; Ward,A, 2006, "Evaluating channel-forming discharges: A study of large rivers in Ohio." TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASABE 49, no. 1, 35-46 - 35-46.
- Jayakaran, A., D. Mecklenburg, A. D. Ward, L. C. Brown, and A. Weekes, 2005, "Formation of Fluvial Benches in headwater Channels in the Midwestern Region of the USA." International Agricultural Engineering Journal 14, no. 4, 193-208 - 193-208.
- Engelmann, Claudia, J.K., Andy D. Ward, Ann D. Christy, and E. Scott Bair, 2002, "Application of the BASINS Database and NPSM Model on a Small Ohio Watershed." Journal AWRA 38, no. 1, 289-300 - 289-300.
- Christy, A. D., M. Lima, A. D. Ward, 2000, "Implementing Real World Problem Solving Projects in a Team Setting." NACTA Journal 44, no. 3, 72-77 - 72-77.
- Atherton, B.C., M.T. Morgan, S.A. Shearer, T.S. Stombaugh, and A.D. Ward, 1999, "Site-Specific Farming: A Perspective on Information Needs, Benefits and Limitations." Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 54, no. 2, 455-461. - 455-461..
- Gowda,P; Ward,A; White,D; Lyon,J; Desmond,E, 1999, "The sensitivity of ADAPT model predictions of streamflows to parameters used to define hydrologic response units." TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASAE 42, no. 2, 381-389 - 381-389.
- Salchow, E., R. Lal, N.R. Fausey, A.D. Ward, 1996, "Some Pedotransfer Functions of Physical Properties of a Fluventic Hapludoll in Southern Ohio." Geoderma 73, 165-181 - 165-181.
- Nortz, P.E., E.S. Bair, A.D. Ward, and D. White, 1994, "Interactions Between an Alluvial-Aquifer Wellfield and the Scioto River, Ohio USA." Applied Hydrology 4, 23-34 - 23-34.
- Dorsey, J.D., A.D. Ward, N.R. Fausey, and E.S. Bair, 1990, "A Comparison of Four Field Methods for Measuring Saturated Hydraulic Conductivity." Trans. of the ASAE 33, no. 5, 1925-1931 - 1925-1931.
- Smith, A.C., A.D. Ward, and D. Harpley, 1987, "Predicting the Quality of Waste-disposal Seepage for Desalination Treatment." Journal of the South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy 87, no. 3, 79-84 - 79-84.
- Walmsley, B. and A.D. Ward, 1984, "Erosion Control in Rural Watersheds." Agricultural Engineering in South Africa 17, no. 1, 46-48 - 46-48.
- Ward, A.D., L.G. Wells, and R.E. Phillips, 1983, "Characterizing Unsaturated Hydraulic Conductivity of Western Kentucky Surface Mine Spoils and Soils." Soil Science Society of America Journal 47, no. 5, 847-854 - 847-854.
- Ward,A; Bridges,T; Wilson,B, 1981, "A SIMPLE PROCEDURE FOR DEVELOPING A DESIGN STORM HYDROGRAPH." WATER RESOURCES BULLETIN 17, no. 2, 209-214 - 209-214.
- 3. D'Ambrosio, J.L., Ward, A.D., and J.D. Witter, "Evaluating Geomorphic Change in Constructed Two-Stage Ditches." Journal of the American Water Resources Association
- Kalcic, M., W. Crumpton, X.Q. Liu, J. D'Ambrosio, A.D. Ward, and J. Witter, "Assessment of nutrient management practices for agricultural crop systems with subsurface drainage: Part 3, beyond-the-field BMPs.." Journal of Soil and Water Conservation
- "Nutrient Removal Benefits of Two-Stage Ditches." 2016, Presented at AFRI and NIWQP Project Directors Meeting,
- "P-filter Design for Runoff and Time Drainage." 2016, Presented at American Ecological Engineering Society Meeting,
- Two-stage Ditches: An approach that helps restore ecoservices to agricultural drainage systems.. 2013, Presented at HydroEco2013 4th International Multidisciplinary Conference on Hydrology and Ecology,
- "The History and Design of Two-Stage Channel Systems in an Agricultural Landscape." 2013, Presented at AWRA 2013 SPRING SPECIALTY CONFERENCE Agricultural Hydrology and Water Quality II,
Papers in Proceedings
- Mecklenburg D., A. Ward, J. Witter, J. D'Ambrosio "Spreadsheet tools for river evaluation, assessment and monitoring." in River Flow 2014. (9 2014).
- Ward, A.D., J.D. Witter, and J.L. D'Ambrosio "The sustainability and nitrate reduction potential of two-stage ditches." in ASABE 2011 Annual International Meeting. (1 2011).
- A. Ward, D. E. Mecklenburg, Jessica D’Ambrosio, and Jon Witter "Spreadsheet Tools for River Evaluation, Assessment and Monitoring (STREAM)." in ASCE 2011 World Environmental and Water Resources Congress. (5 2011).
- Sara Kallio, Andy Ward, Jessica L. D’Ambrosio, Jonathan D. Witter "Beyond the Field: A Look at Agricultural Ditch Floodplains as a Water Quality BMP." in XVIIth World Congress of the International Commission of Agricultural Engineering (CIGR). (6 2010).
- Rebecca Kallio, Andy Ward, Jessica L. D’Ambrosio, Jonathan D. Witter "A Decade Later: The Establishment, Channel Evolution, and Stability of Innovative Two-Stage Agricultural Ditches in the Midwest Region of the United States." in XVIIth World Congress of the International Commission of Agricultural Engineering (CIGR). (6 2010).
- Jonathan Witter, Andy Ward, Jessica L. D’Ambrosio "Predicting Dynamic Equilibrium In Streams In The Olentangy River Watershed, Ohio, USA." in XVIIthWorld Congress of the International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (CIGR). (6 2010).
- Ward,A; Workman,S; Wu,J; Fausey,N; BAIR,S; Desmond,E "Measuring and modeling solute transport through the root zone at the Ohio Management Systems evaluation Areas project." in 2nd International Symposium on Preferential Flow. (1 2000).